Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Vogue's Fashion's Night Out-Winners & Losers

Well, I have to say, my experience in NY certainly didn't disappoint. There were some ups and downs but it's how they were handled by the fashion houses that set the good from the superior.



First of all, The Carvi, my little European boutique hotel of 41 rooms that Saks set up for me was perfectly situated and the staff went out of their way for any thing I asked. Keep in mind, it was not a large hotel chain but it was like having your own private concierge at all times. The rooms were minimalist but the bed was more comfortable than at the Plaza or the Ritz.



I, of course, had no flats with me, so I headed off to Heaven on 8th (floor at Sak's that is). Greeted by my shoe friend, John DiPrenda, I immediately start grabbing shoes. The manager of the department, which I guess makes her the mayor since it has it's own zip code, Jodi, greets me with such gusto and makes me feel like I'm Ivanka Trump. She walks me around the department and shows me what the Vogue accessory editors have chosen as The shoes for the season and they are prominently displayed. She then offers to have Donna Karan pick out an oufit for me, personally, for the evening's festivities. WOW! Unfortunately it cuts in to my appointment at Chanel to make my custom handbag(s) at 5pm so, I have to settle for dressing myself. I buy some Chanel flats to wear to Chanel, of course and off I go. Be back by 8 I'm told as Justin Timberlake is going to be there. OK.



Back to the hotel to change for Chanel. Head to toe in Chanel (literally), I jump in a cab and off to 57th Street I go. Amy Miller, Chanel USA's District Manager greets me with such warmth that I feel like I've known her my whole life. I wanted to make 2 bags. One for myself and one in Coco's exact replica, including her true monogram, to auction off on my website with the proceeds going to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. "No problem", Amy says. We are behind you 100% and think it's wonderful that you are going to do this. I'm not telling you what the bags look like because mine is truly unique and if you are a Chanel truist, you know what Coco's bag looks like already. I bought some great Chanel platform shoes and oohed and aahed over the black pearl necklace that Amy had on that I have searched the Earth for.



Back to the hotel to change and off to Manolo Blahnik. Tune in tomorrow for the most magical story ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment